Ransomware Damages Exceeded $8 Billion in 2018
Ransomware continues to be a major disruption for companies. This is true both in the time, financial and human resources consumed in dealing with an outbreak; as well as the burden of worry of not knowing if defense measures are adequate in preventing an attack. Add to that the stress of having to quickly assess available options for halting an executed attack and restoring operations with minimal disruption to services in the event of an outbreak.
These factors add up to cost companies considerably more than the fee of a typical ransom.
Ransomware is a Constant Threat
New variants of ransomware are finding their way into mainstream communications on a regular basis. Older variants are still active “in the wild” due to companies not addressing the basic security measures that can all but eliminate the possibility of contracting a ransomware outbreak on their network.
InfoSecure Ransomware Defense Assessment Service identifies and explains your current ransomware vulnerabilities, and provides recommendations of how to close those gaps through proper remediation and targeted security awareness training.
Our information security consultants use their security architecture expertise and deep understanding of the ransomware kill chain to help you thwart ransomware attacks, and to quickly detect, respond to and recover from infiltration.
InfoSecure partners with you to provide information security expert analysis and guidance to strengthen your ransomware defenses by doing the following:
- Reviewing your current security posture, threat vectors and cybersecurity risk exposure.
- Reviewing your current defense capabilities including the use and setup of the following:
- Intrusion Detection System
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Security Awareness Training
- SIEM technology, and more
- Recommending effective ransomware defense practices.
Regardless of industry or compliance mandates, a ransomware defense assessment is a valuable service in the fight against ransomware.
What’s included in our Ransomware Defense Assessment
InfoSecure’s comprehensive ransomware defense assessment of your network environment includes, but is not limited to:
- System Patching
- Security Awareness Training
- The Integrity of Backup and Restore Operations
- Web Content Filtering (including blocking uncategorized sites)
- The Use of Defensive Technologies
- Countermeasures in Place (if an outbreak occurs)
- Incident Response Planning and Preparedness
- Cyber Liability Insurance Review
- Ransomware Defense Report
InfoSecure delivers a comprehensive report of findings identifying your vulnerabilities, explaining the associated implications and detailing a remediation plan. This document includes an executive summary to help you communicate the assessment results and necessary action to company decision makers.
Protect Your Organization Against the Constant Threat of Ransomware
Request a Free Consultation Today